Bangkok Map; Iv Years Later On The Tsunami

I don't actually know what to write, but desire to write something. What happened on Dec 26th 2004 was something quite unimaginable, off the scale, almost impossible to believe (unless you lot were correct there). I did non encounter the tsunami, my household unit of measurement was rubber at home, all nosotros saw were the after effects, in addition to most of what nosotros saw was on the TV... fifty-fifty though you lot mightiness intend nosotros were correct hither inwards the oculus of it all.

 fifty-fifty though you lot mightiness intend nosotros were correct hither inwards the oculus of it all Bangkok Map; iv years after the Tsunami

The photograph inwards a higher identify shows Kamala temple, at Kamala Beach Phuket every bit the seismic sea wave hit. Kamala was ane of the worst striking areas of Phuket. We'd been at that spot on the 25th alongside friends, having a drinkable at the beach, kids playing around. My married adult woman was ix months pregnant... our boy was born 11th January. H5N1 lot of "what if's" were inwards my caput for a long spell after the tsunami. When I encounter this photograph it reminds me that nosotros are rattling lucky. iv years subsequently I don't dwell on the "what mightiness get got happened", but am rattling happy to get got my family. As I write this, my man child (nearly iv now) in addition to my girl, straightaway historic catamenia 7, are racing circular the living room on their Christmas presents - a twain of scooters. It's good yesteryear their bed time, but for today, I don't desire to tell them "Go to Bed!" - I am happy to spotter them having fun.

iv years seems similar a long time, but also but a blink of the eye. Hard to believe my man child is nearly iv years old. He doesn't know anything well-nigh the tsunami. My immature lady has some idea.. I tried to explicate a chip today well-nigh what happened in addition to she was rattling relieved to live alive. This year, iv years on, the seismic sea wave seems similar a surreal dream. In Phuket you lot surely can't encounter whatsoever physical effects. Khao Lak (last fourth dimension I went there) looked rattling groovy in addition to tidy. I desire to accept some other take in soon. Phi Phi also is all cleaned upwards in addition to new.. inwards fact some of the construct clean upwards was rattling very quick...

I was (and am) working at Karon Beach, Phuket. On Dec 26th 2004.. things looked similar this...

 fifty-fifty though you lot mightiness intend nosotros were correct hither inwards the oculus of it all Bangkok Map; iv years after the Tsunami

 fifty-fifty though you lot mightiness intend nosotros were correct hither inwards the oculus of it all Bangkok Map; iv years after the Tsunami

And a few days later...

 fifty-fifty though you lot mightiness intend nosotros were correct hither inwards the oculus of it all Bangkok Map; iv years after the Tsunami

Actually, Karon Beach was non striking difficult inwards comparing to other places. And since it was what I saw first, I sort of thought, or hoped that things were non likewise bad. We got intelligence from Phi Phi in addition to Khao Lak later, in addition to intelligence from Aceh, Sri Lanka... many places. I took a walk along Patong beach side yesteryear side day...

 fifty-fifty though you lot mightiness intend nosotros were correct hither inwards the oculus of it all Bangkok Map; iv years after the Tsunami

More photos of Karon in addition to other beaches after the tsunami.. in addition to you lot tin larn some sentiment of the rapid construct clean upwards hither : Phuket after the tsunami.

iv years. H5N1 lot happens inwards iv years. On Dec 31st 2004 nosotros had no party, nosotros lit some candles inwards the garden in addition to a few tears were shed. I get got to tell it was a rattling very distressing time. Replaced yesteryear happiness on Jan 11th 2005 when our boy was born. At this fourth dimension the future's in addition to hence brilliant I gotta wearable shades. Kids are nonetheless riding unopen to the living room on scooters. Bless 'em.

There get got been some interesting stories inwards the intelligence well-nigh the seismic sea wave recently. One talks well-nigh coral regrowth inwards damaged areas.. some other hints at tsunami recurrence times of well-nigh 600 years based on studies of soil layers inwards affected areas.

I intend this volition live the finally fourth dimension I endeavour to write anything well-nigh the tsunami. People move on bespeak well-nigh it. Today I get got told the same storey to customers several times. I don't desire to live rude, but OK, it was iv years agone now. Yes I was here. No I was non straight affected. We saw nil actually nasty. I did for a spell experience guilty well-nigh existence in addition to hence unopen to it all, in addition to yet non losing anything or anyone myself. Time straightaway to larn on alongside life.

Previous ramblings well-nigh the tsunami:

Living through the seismic sea wave I
Living through the seismic sea wave II
Life after the tsunami

Just two weeks until my son's quaternary birthday. And only a few days until New Year.. in addition to nosotros volition political party this year!

Oh, a concluding note.. I saw only a few days ago, only earlier the quaternary anniversary, that Oxfam had announced the end of it's seismic sea wave relief program. There is a locally based charity nonetheless involved alongside long term relief, though they also get got nil straightaway to produce alongside "tsunami relief". I somehow experience attached to it, every bit the 4Kali charity was laid yesteryear the household unit of measurement of a immature lady called Kali who died on Dec 26th 2004. She in addition to her household unit of measurement were originally booked yesteryear me on a dive trip, but had to cancel due to their boy suffering a bad accident where he broke his neck. The household unit of measurement came to Thailand anyway for their holiday. The local managing director of the charity was a neighbor of ours too.

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year's Day in addition to I promise to encounter you lot inwards Phuket soon

Fear non for the future, squall non for the past. Bring on 2009.

Jamie's Phuket 2008
Sumber http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Bangkok Map; Iv Years Later On The Tsunami. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions