Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

Where to begin? Quick lowdown on ... I started the weblog inwards 2006 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the "real" Phuket. I receive got been hither since 1999 too tend to maintain away from the most touristy areas of Phuket, which is difficult to produce since I piece of occupation at Karon Beach (manager for Sunrise Divers) half dozen days a week... finding fourth dimension to weblog tin live a grapple sometimes too. After over iv years I maintain finding novel things to weblog nearly - festivals, restaurants, places to visit. Some events similar the vegetarian festival I weblog every year, trying to larn ameliorate photos than the previous year. I aspect at some of the old posts from 2006 - 2007 too in all likelihood should larn some novel pictures hither too in that location since dorsum hence I had a cr*ppy lilliputian camera.. merely until I win the lottery too tin devote to a greater extent than fourth dimension to blogging, this weblog volition commonly larn updated nearly in ane lawsuit per week, hopefully alongside something new, hopefully something that volition involvement visitors.

So hither are some of the highlights of the Phuket Blog inwards 2010 ...

In January, I took the kids to the Phuket Tin Mining Museum, which was non quite finished too indeed closed in ane lawsuit to a greater extent than after inwards the year.. non quite sure if its 100% opened upwards now. Anyway, nosotros loved it. I enjoyed the fact that my kids enjoyed it, if yous know what I mean. I volition receive got a aspect at the museum in ane lawsuit to a greater extent than presently too encounter if it's fully operational yet. Also inwards January, my Mother finally sent me a really dainty story which I had been hollo for for... she too my Dad did an elephant ride some years dorsum too I wanted a commencement paw story nearly the sense - receive got a read: Elephant Ride inwards Phuket (by Jamie's Mum).

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

February... The Big Buddha inwards Phuket is instantly a major attraction, too yous tin drive upwards to the overstep of the 400+m high hill... or yous tin hike up, which is what I did ane morn : Hike to the Big Buddha. I was also happy to finally weblog the Thai Italy restaurant inwards Patong which nosotros receive got been to many times. Great Pizza.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

March - lots of practiced stuff. My married adult woman too I enjoyed an eve at Glastnost Cafe inwards old Phuket Town, I had a birthday on the water chasing speedboats alongside a helicopter, too nosotros discovered the Phuket Heroines Festival, something which is inwards the diary in ane lawsuit to a greater extent than for 2011.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

Apr - equally if that hike inwards Feb had non been enough, I did a solar daytime trip cycling at Koh Yao Noi. Saddle sore too really enjoyable. Also blogged nearly a trip to James Bond Island too Ko Panyi.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

May - some holidays! We spent a black at the Cliff too River Jungle Resort close Khao Sok National Park. Beautiful.. nosotros went in ane lawsuit to a greater extent than inwards September. I also re-blogged Laem Hin Seafood, which was the commencement eating seat on this weblog too is withal a favourite.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

June & July ... into depression flavor now, nosotros drove upwards Radar Hill ane misty morn - this is the highest route inwards Phuket, over 500m inwards a higher identify body of body of water level, alongside some neat views.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

Kathu hamlet where I alive staged it's 2nd cultural festival. In 2009 I was the exclusively foreigner acquaint for the primary parade. In 2010, the advertisement was a lilliputian better, I must receive got seen at to the lowest degree iv other foreigners!

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

And some other really local event.. I checked out the Phuket Butterfly Release inwards July too in that location was withal fourth dimension for the 2nd Phuket Photo Walk, operate of the Worldwide Photo Walk.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

August - I finally went to encounter Phuket FC - I honey football, too I am happy to order the Phuket FC receive got instantly been promoted to Thai Division 1. Well done, boys.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

Also inwards August I felt quite out of identify for a patch tending an afternoon political party at the Hongyok trouble solid unit of measurement trouble solid inwards Phuket Town celebrating the 2010 Baba Wedding ceremony. Like beingness immersed inwards history.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

September - my married adult woman too I used to potable java at Tunk Ka Cafe nearly 10 years ago. One solar daytime after tiffin inwards Phuket Town nosotros realised that we'd non been in that location for a loooong time. Coffee withal good, too nosotros went dorsum in ane lawsuit to a greater extent than after inwards the calendar month alongside my trouble solid unit of measurement visiting from England. Dinner alongside a view.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

Oct - I had constitute out nearly Phuket Heritage Trails via a friend on Facebook - Pu too Gan volition laissez passer on people a existent Phuket cultural tour, equally you'd await from two Phuket natives. I went alongside Mum, Dad too an errant traveling cousin on a morn tour unopen to old Phuket. Great.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

And hence .. the Vegetarian Festival, my favourite fourth dimension of year. And non because of the food, although I produce receive got the chance to consume a cleansing diet. No, I similar the festival for this:

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

I posted multiple entries nearly the festival : Part 1, Episode 2 too the much awaited Chapter 3. Plus in that location are lots of photos on Flickr: Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2010. I mightiness alter photographic boob tube camera adjacent year, merely the old Canon EOS 20D was aided past times the buy of a 50mm f1.8 lens which was used for the photograph above. Very practiced for sudden portraits.

I had some vacation destination of September too early Oct when Mum too Dad visited, too nosotros did plenty of exploring, much of which was blogged after inwards Nov too early Dec such equally the Wat Tha Reua temple too the Phuket Butterfly Garden. On our provide see to Khao Sok nosotros stopped to aspect unopen to the old town of Sri Takua Pa, similar a town that fourth dimension forgot...

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

December, nearly home. We had already done a trip inwards Phang Nga Bay this year, merely I reckoned if nosotros planned things correct nosotros could hitting James Bond Island when all the tourists had gone home. It's taken a few trips to conception this. But instantly we've got it sorted - Phang Nga Bay - Doing it Our Way :) - too yous tin majority a tour doing it Jamie-Style past times contacting Easy Day Thailand, a tour society laid past times some friends of mine this year.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

The Big Buddha has been blogged many times equally the edifice continued for many years, too is withal non complete. We were upwards in that location in ane lawsuit to a greater extent than inwards Dec to larn the latest photos. I also blogged nearly local markets - desire to encounter existent local life? Markets are the identify to be.

Dec was fourth dimension for something novel inwards Phuket. The commencement 'Phuket Street Show' festival. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 yoke of streets inwards old Phuket Town were closed off for several evenings too made into walking streets alongside stalls too stages laid alongside performers doing juggling, drumming, acrobatics, comedy too more. Great event, happy faces everywhere. In fact my favourite photograph of the festival is a photograph of the crowd. Everyone is smiling.

 alongside the aim of showing what I mightiness telephone phone the  Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010

Back to the vegetarian festival for a minute - my favourite thing... too I was really chuffed that some of my photos too writing was published on the French Republic 24 News website - encounter Phuket's Bloody Vegetarian Festival, or inwards French here. And hence after I did a webcam interview which appeared on TV too on the website here - for sure a highlight of 2010 for me :)

I receive got been inwards Phuket for xi years now, withal looking for novel places, novel food, novel experiences. Maybe inwards 2011 I volition finally endeavor the bungy jump. We receive got been to Phuket Fantasea recently, non blogged yet. I desire to receive got the trouble solid unit of measurement out on boat trips to the Similan Islands too Phi Phi sometime soon. And people receive got contacted hollo for for some to a greater extent than full general data on the blog... Maybe. I desire to maintain this weblog a flake to a greater extent than personal showing this places nosotros become equally a family. If anyone has whatever suggestions for what could live on the blog, produce allow me know. Oh, too delight produce Follow me on Twitter too bring together the Jamie's Phuket Facebook Page.

Happy New Year! Sawasdee Pee Mai!
Sumber http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Bangkok Thailand Map; Jamie's Phuket - Highlights 2010. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions