Close The Phuket Blogger

It was pointed out to me of late past times a good respected blogger that I exercise non receive got an "about me" page on the Phuket Blog. So plainly this is a normal matter to receive got on a "travel blog". And I but checked on that - I looked at a listing of the top 10 move blogs .. in addition to all of them had large obvious ABOUT or ABOUT ME links at the top of the page inwards the principal menu. Maybe they receive got a bigger ego than me? I wrote a express profile on my Blogger profile, though it does non demo anywhere on this weblog :

I receive got traveled many roads in addition to inwards 1999 ended upward inwards Thailand. After visiting some 50 countries from Zaire to Bolivia; from Republic of Republic of India to Malawi; from Kingdom of Denmark to Guatemala, Phuket was where I stopped moving. I am married, nosotros receive got ii kids, nosotros alive inwards Phuket in addition to I exercise the Phuket Blog inwards my spare time..

Maybe that's all you lot demand to know. Skip the rest. This mini-profile is also on my Google Plus page, but until directly I did non receive got whatsoever "about me" data on the main, big, desktop version of the blog. The lastly eleven words of that mini-profile are the of import ones. I am married amongst kids in addition to nosotros alive inwards Phuket. We're non on vacation here. It's a perfectly normal describe solid unit of measurement life. Just that nosotros laissez passer on to alive inwards Phuket which is a pop finish for tourists. And I write a weblog nigh Phuket, or several blogs actually. It's a hobby, non a job. Sometimes I write novel weblog pages regularly, sometimes I am likewise busy amongst normal life. I receive got a proper job, managing a dive middle called Sunrise Divers. In high flavor that's a half dozen solar daytime per calendar week job. In depression season, v days per week. So blogging fourth dimension in addition to exploring fourth dimension is limited. More gets done inwards depression flavor (May to October) when I tin go less days in addition to receive got some holidays.



(above) Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 picayune Q&A I did amongst the local Phuket News paper.

The lack (until now) of an "about Jamie" page is partly due to privacy, mixed amongst a rattling English linguistic communication modesty - who wants to read nigh me? I don't desire to blab on nigh myself. The weblog is quite personal anyway, featuring plenty of describe solid unit of measurement photos, in addition to many pages nigh things nosotros exercise every bit a family, but I elbow grease to overstep on exact describe solid unit of measurement details to a minimum. We alive inwards the Kathu surface area of Phuket in addition to I'm non getting whatsoever to a greater extent than specific. I promise I receive got never mentioned which schoolhouse the kids attend in addition to my married adult woman makes certain describe solid unit of measurement photos on the weblog are non likewise personal. But, yes this is a BLOG, non a move guide. Some pages are nigh what nosotros do, some are to a greater extent than informational. Some events such every bit the Phuket Vegetarian Festival acquire blogged every year. I receive got blogged four times already nigh trips to Koh Yao Noi island in addition to if nosotros acquire again, it'll live some other weblog page. Some pages acquire updates amongst novel photos, sometimes a repeat catch gets a novel weblog page. I desire the weblog to live personal-but-not-too-personal!



(above) Me in addition to da kidz at Koh Yao Noi island.

OK. So. About Me. Hello, I am Jamie in addition to I alive inwards Phuket. I am English linguistic communication or British depending on what sport is existence played. I was born inwards the same twelvemonth every bit the lunar landing - "a giant bound for mankind", I lived inwards England's light-green in addition to pleasant land, went to school, got lots of examine passes. Not much traveling when I was young, but in addition to then again, a 100 mile receive seemed similar a long trip when I was a kid. We had describe solid unit of measurement holidays all over United Kingdom of Great Britain in addition to Northern Ireland of Britain in addition to Northern Republic of Ireland in addition to a few inwards Europe, camping ground inwards France, Germany, Belgium. When I was 16, amongst a grouping of nigh 10 kids from my school, I went to Republic of Republic of India for 1 month. Quite a daze it was. We stayed inwards basic accommodation, visited farms, schools, factories, helped on a edifice projection for an orphanage, addition a few tardily days at the beach in addition to sightseeing! Was an emotional experience. I can't nation it inspired me to move more. I was immature in addition to happy to live dorsum habitation again. Finished school, four years at University. I receive got a BSc inwards Chemistry in addition to an MSc inwards Forensic Science. Thanks. I wanted to live a forensic scientist.



(above) In Glasgow amongst beau forensic scientist Nick - this was inwards 1991. Nick in addition to I got lucky during the MSc course of teaching in addition to flew to California for three months to exercise some projection go inwards a forensic lab working amongst the DOJ. And nosotros had some gratuitous fourth dimension to explore too, visiting the Grand Canyon (see photograph below), Yosemite, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe in addition to more. I recall that's when the move põrnikas truly hitting me.



Got a task amongst a large pharmaceutical company, but subsequently nigh xviii months I felt the urge to move some more. One large trip in addition to and then settle downwardly for a normal life, that was the plan. I signed upward for a trip through Africa amongst a society called Exodus Overland. About fifteen people, large truck, camping, making our ain food, from London to Jo'burg past times truck. All overland. half dozen months.



(above) Sahara Desert, 1993



(above) inwards Malawi, 1993

After Africa .. dorsum to go for nearly ii years, nearly getting sucked into an tardily lifestyle, nearly existence tempted to lay a deposit on an apartment, acquire a novel auto .. but subsequently a piece I realised amongst the coin I had made, a really long trip would live possible! So at the halt of Apr 1995 began a twenty calendar month trip, starting inwards North America in addition to ending inwards South America, everything from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego. I wishing at that spot had been such things every bit move blogs dorsum then! But inwards 1995 I did non fifty-fifty receive got an electronic mail address or a digital camera. Less than twenty years but huge changes inwards the world. I loved the traveling life, in addition to traveling solo meant I was gratuitous to explore inwards my ain time. Met a lot of rattling squeamish people along the way, learned to verbalize Spanish, learned to scuba dive in addition to when the coin finally ran out at that spot was no agency I could consider going dorsum to a "normal" life. Travel was normal. I went dorsum to England but inwards fourth dimension for Christmas 1996.



(above) on the Inca trail, 1996



(above) at Laguna Colorada, Salar de Uyuni inwards Bolivia, 1996

I took nearly 100 rolls of celluloid on that trip. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 shame that quality, affordable digital cameras were non around then! Well, subsequently that trip, I went to go for nigh ix months, did a picayune trip around Europe visiting friends in addition to and then headed dorsum to Central America. Some of my favourite countries on the "big trip" had been Mexico, Republic of Guatemala in addition to Honduras. I had spent ii months diving on the isle of Utila inwards Republic of Honduras in addition to got my divemaster certificate. So inwards 1998 I was dorsum at that spot for nigh v months, combined amongst some travels around Republic of Guatemala in addition to southern Mexico. And I decided that the adjacent pace would live the PADI Instructor course. After a few months go inwards England, dorsum to Republic of Honduras correct subsequently the Hurricane Mitch disaster. Got my PADI scuba teacher rating inwards Dec 1998 in addition to stayed nearly a twelvemonth inwards Utila every bit an instructor. I loved Utila, people at that spot are non bad in addition to I nearly stayed forever, but the move põrnikas was even thence biting. More to see, to a greater extent than to encounter ...



(above) Just chillin' at Water Caye, Utila

I'd non been anywhere inwards Southeast Asia before, although it was the let out i share for backpackers cheers to Lonely Planet. Some other dive instructors I knew recommended Thailand. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 picayune reading in addition to it seemed that the Similan Islands was the best house to dive, in addition to Phuket was habitation to most of the dive shops. So at the halt of 1999 I arrived from Republic of Honduras inwards Phuket amongst a backpack, a pocketbook of dive gear in addition to non much money! Got some go easily enough, but it dried upward subsequently a brace of months in addition to past times Jan 2000, living inwards Patong, which I did non similar fifty-fifty then, I was thinking of moving on. But, every bit it oft does, something arrived. I got a fixed task on a liveaboard dive boat, in addition to and then at the halt of high flavor I met a daughter who worked inwards the component for the same dive company. We've been together e'er since, in addition to every bit you lot may know, directly nosotros receive got ii kids in addition to nosotros alive inwards Phuket! I can't nation at the fourth dimension at that spot was whatsoever intention to brand a habitation inwards Phuket, but I never felt similar leaving.

Best of the Phuket Blog 2017
Best of the Phuket Blog 2016
Best of the Phuket Blog 2015
Best of the Phuket Blog 2014
Best of the Phuket Blog 2013
Best of the Phuket Blog 2012
Best of the Phuket Blog 2011 (1)
Best of the Phuket Blog 2011 (2)
Best of the Phuket Blog 2010
Best of the Phuket Blog 2009 (1)
Best of the Phuket Blog 2009 (2)
Best of the Phuket Blog 2008
Best of the Phuket Blog 2007
Sumber http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Close The Phuket Blogger. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions