Bangkok Thailand Place should to visiting: Jamie's Phuket Review Of 2014

The twelvemonth is almost over. I've been inwards Phuket for over xv years straightaway too this weblog is over eight years old. 2014 has non gone totally to plan. It has been a funny erstwhile year. Every twelvemonth I create a "best of" postal service showing what's been novel on the blog. This has been 2014. Blogging has slowed downward somewhat, peculiarly afterward inwards the year. I spent v weeks inwards England. Mum was really ill. Cancer again. She'd beaten cancer iii times before. I was hopeful. Dad has dementia which has developed really fast. I don't wish to recount equally good many details here. Mum died at the halt of August. They direct maintain both been to Phuket many times. I volition start my 2014 review amongst a photograph of them taken inwards 2013.



(above) inwards Memory of my Mum. This is Mum too Dad at Khao Lak inwards 2013.

2014 is ending amongst deplorable memories inwards some other way. 10 years agone on Dec 26th "the tsunami" happened. Killed something similar 250,000 people unopen to the Indian Ocean. More than 5,000 killed inwards Thailand. We visited the tsunami memorials inwards Khao Lak amongst my parents inwards 2013. I wrote virtually my tsunami memories a few years ago. No plans to write more.

So let's receive amongst a piffling review of what's been novel on the Phuket Blog this year.

Jan ... To the N of Phuket, over the span is Phang Nga Province which covers a huge area. We oftentimes displace this manner too travel on exploring too finding novel places. First pair of weblog posts of the twelvemonth were virtually Phang Nga, showtime a viewpoint cafe too so I wrote a long postal service virtually Exploring Phang Nga Province.



(above) Phang Nga Viewpoint

Aside from fourth dimension spent inwards England, a pair of other things direct maintain slowed downward novel weblog posts inwards 2014. Aside from laziness. One matter is work. In high flavor I commonly piece of job half dozen days per calendar week at Sunrise Divers. H5N1 twenty-four hours off is a direct chances to leave of absence too consider novel things, but also a direct chances to relax! Another argue - a lower than green wish to direct maintain photos. I ended upward selling my photographic telly camera this twelvemonth too generally only piece of job a phone, though I did selection upward my Dad's erstwhile photographic telly camera from England too used it afterward inwards the twelvemonth at the vegetarian festival.

In February, I recollect the alone novel weblog postal service was a Top 10 Phuket Hotels list. March - I wrote a page that every other weblog too website has, too should direct maintain been on this weblog earlier - an "About Jamie" page. That should explicate a piffling virtually who writes this blog!

In April, a weblog postal service that is to a greater extent than of an article. When I showtime came to Phuket I had no thought that the expanse had such a long too rich history. And I imagine many visitors also consider really piffling beyond the beaches too tours. But Phuket has a lot of history too culture too over the years this weblog has tried to exhibit that. And also inwards Apr I institute a novel house to hang out - a bar on the hillside manner higher upward Patong Beach - Wassa Homemade Bar.



(above) Sunset higher upward Patong at Wassa Homemade Bar

H5N1 dainty piffling matter happened inwards May. There was something called a Worldwide Instameet. Users of Instagram unopen to the Blue Planet coming together upward to direct maintain photos of their ain place. We did i inwards Phuket, coming together upward at the Chinpracha House mansion inwards erstwhile Phuket too after taking some photos using iPhones too other similar devices nosotros headed to a cafe for a few drinks :) H5N1 really dainty fourth dimension - consider : Phuket Instagram Meet Up.

After selling my proper photographic telly camera I am using the iPhone for most photos though it does of shape direct maintain limits too I recollect the novel twelvemonth of 2015 volition consider a novel photographic telly camera coming my way! In the meantime, delight create follow me on Instagram, thanks!

The Phuket Blog Taxis too Tuk Tuks inwards Phuket - lots of opinions voiced! H5N1 few days after writing this, in that location was a coup, nosotros had curfews too martial constabulary for a curt time, though inwards Phuket it was chop-chop dorsum to normal. Except the novel nation of war machine regime direct maintain cracked downward on so-called taxi mafia groups inwards Phuket too so afterward started a procedure of beach clearance, amongst construction non allowed on the sand, too beach chairs existence removed. Controversial! Beaches await better, but it's dainty to direct maintain some shade too some piffling restaurants yesteryear the beach!

In June I blogged the "new" Lord's Day walking street marketplace position that takes house every Lord's Day eve on Thalang Road inwards erstwhile Phuket Town. We instruct quite oftentimes for a walk, to purchase some snacks, savor the erstwhile town - consider Phuket Sunday Walking Street Market.



When the aforementioned beach clearances started I wanted to direct maintain a look, so took some drives to banking concern jibe out a few beaches. In July nosotros visited Surin Beach too Laem Sing Beach. The clearance was nonetheless going on at Laem Sing. We showtime went in that location xv years agone too it was really quiet. It so got touted equally "the tranquillity beach" too thence became a busy beach amongst many pocket-size bars too restaurants. I recollect it looks improve empty. There was nonetheless a human being in that location amongst an H2O ice box to sell me a beer :)



(above) View of Laem Sing Beach inwards July 2014



(above) Our kids enjoying Surin Beach

It was inwards July that I headed to England for a iii calendar week stay. There was some other ii weeks belatedly August into September. Exploring fourth dimension inwards Phuket was thence express and, well, in that location was a lot on my mind. The weblog is nonetheless only a hobby, so it got rather ignored sometimes this year.

We did honour fourth dimension for some other beach recon session .. this fourth dimension to Layan Beach which was (as it e'er did) looking really dainty although the beach guild in that location looks rather out of place.



(above) Layan Beach, August 2014

Well, after my instant trip to England it was nearly fourth dimension for my favourite fourth dimension of year, although given my somewhat melancholy mood, I nearly gave it a miss. But, after non bothering equally good much virtually he start of the festival, I went to quite a few parades too for the showtime fourth dimension went to the crazy final black inwards Phuket Town. The 2014 Phuket Vegetarian Festival (September 23rd - Oct 3rd) got blogged inwards iii course of education posts ::

Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2014 - Part 1
Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2014 - Part 2
Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2014 - Part 3

And I did savor taking photos .... here's a few from the festival. I'll skip the gory ones. Check the iii links higher upward for much more.







After the festival nosotros took a curt household unit of measurement vacation N of Phuket to Chumphon, Hua Hin too Prachuap Khiri Khan provinces. H5N1 really relaxing time, which I much needed too felt really lucky to hold upward hither inwards Thailand too direct maintain such a lovely family.

H5N1 novel weblog postal service inwards Nov revisited a house that I showtime blogged inwards 2006. Rang Hill inwards Phuket Town straightaway has a fancy new viewpoint amongst fifty-fifty improve views than before. I must instruct upward in that location i time again at sunset i day! I also blogged inwards Nov virtually the Uber Taxi App, which has started inwards Phuket .. if it's allowed! Struggled to honour fourth dimension inwards the final calendar month for blogging, although we've had some dainty household unit of measurement days out. Last photograph for this 2014 summary - consider below. Me too the kids at Mai Khao Beach a few weeks ago. Happy New Year's Day from Phuket!



(above) This is my Phuket!
Sumber http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Bangkok Thailand Place should to visiting: Jamie's Phuket Review Of 2014. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions