Bangkok Thailand Place should to visiting: Living Through The Tsunami

Ever since 26th Dec 2004, I accept cash inward one's chips somewhat obsessed past times earthquakes. We alive inward Phuket Thailand Map. We lived through the seismic sea wave together with it's afterwards effects. Our boy was born hither ii weeks afterwards the tsunami.

Truth locomote told, similar 95% of Phuket Thailand Map's population, nosotros did non run into anything that day. I felt the quake at well-nigh 8:30am, together with idea well-nigh where the epicenter mightiness be. My married adult woman felt it too. We idea nil of it. I went out to Tesco Lotus at 9am. When I came out into the carpark, I saw many ambulances racing towards Patong. I idea perchance at that Spot in Bangkok Thailand had been a bad traffic accident. On reaching home, nosotros saw something on the Thai TV word well-nigh a seismic sea wave hitting Phuket Thailand Map. I called my component inward Karon Beach. The boss was at that Spot in Bangkok Thailand together with said, yep he'd heard well-nigh it too, but did non appear likewise concerned. Later nosotros realised that Karon was likely the to the lowest degree affected expanse on the due west coast of Phuket Thailand Map.

So, I decided it couldn't locomote likewise bad together with headed off to function at the dive shop. Took me a loooong fourth dimension to attain work. Police had blocked the route to Patong, but I was able to cash inward one's chips roughly the long fashion via Chalong, together with saw no damage, no show of whatever panic or anything to advise a major disaster. I gauge that people (like me) were non aware of the scale of things yet. So I reached Karon together with straightaway headed for the beach. We could run into something had happened. Not huge damage, but H2O had come upwardly 50m upwardly our route together with knocked over a tshirt stall, together with broken windows inward some shops. The beach route was covered inward sand together with bricks, together with inward some places at that Spot in Bangkok Thailand were cars together with bikes that hd been thrown around. H5N1 eatery at the far S terminate was destroyed. But all inward all, the harm was non bad, together with hence nosotros headed dorsum to the office. By that time, my married adult woman was calling together with telling me she had heard on the TV that thousands had been killed. I said "rubbish, we're hither together with the harm is non bad". We did non know well-nigh Khao Lak.

It's all inward the past times now. But is inward our minds. On Christmas day, nosotros had been on Kamala beach amongst some friends. Our miss merely three years former playing inward the sand, together with my married adult woman ix months pregnant. The side past times side day, the eatery nosotros were sitting inward was wiped out. We spent a lot of fourth dimension thinking "what if". When our boy was born, for us he was a miracle, together with withal is.

It's non easily forgotten.

Continued inward Part II....(click here)

Updated Tsunami thoughts written inward 2008 - 4 years afterwards the tsunami.

Everything is hunky dory now, nosotros promise to run into y'all inward Phuket Thailand Map soon.
Sumber http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Bangkok Thailand Place should to visiting: Living Through The Tsunami. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions